In SME environments we frequently find three cases that should be avoided: employees who are overwhelmed with computer tasks, expensive avoidable computer emergencies; and loss or compromise of information.
Companies are constantly reviewing processes, their efficiency and profitability. For this reason, it is highly recommended to perform an IT consultancy report on the systems and flows of the company. Moreover, it is important that each employee focuses on what they do best and what adds value to the business.
Delegating computer incidents to an employee is an overload. In addition, it is inefficient, as while the computer issue is being fixed other tasks are halted. It also brings us to the third problem raised: we only act in computer emergencies, there is no prevention beforehand.
In IT problems where there are no specialized company in SMEs’ IT maintenance, two scenarios occur:
It is very common that even with the best intentions, someone from the company tries to solve the issue and an inappropriate solution is applied. We often encounter file deletion, configuration errors due to following a manual found on the internet that does not apply, or compromises of sensitive information.
In other cases, a competent computer technical service is notified. Apart from the fact that we are usually called when the situation is already very delicate if not irreversible, complex repairs must be carried out that involve a high number of hours of dedication.
For all these reasons, it is better to have the IT service of your company’s systems outsourced. You will gain efficiency and peace of mind:
- You will be allocating adequate resources.
- You will have the IT systems tailored to your needs and improve internal flows thanks to IT consulting.
- You will increase the productivity of your employees by reducing computer incidents and being able to focus only on your work.
- Preventive maintenance reduces the risk of loss of information or halts of activity.
- The IT solutions to be applied will be the appropriate ones and you will gain efficiency.
- Cost reduction in the medium and long term. Preventive maintenance greatly reduces major IT problems avoiding large one-time costs, wasted time, stress and friction.
- Computer peace of mind. Your system will have the appropriate configuration and necessary protections against theft and loss of information. If necessary, training is carried out for the staff.